The Baker – Senior coordinates and/or supervises daily production of baked goods; participates in costing and ordering related to bakery items/products/menu; responsible for portion and inventory control; produces pastry/desserts for the account within budgetary guidelines as directed. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Places products into correctly prepared pans.
- Regulates the drafts and temperatures of the ovens.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Serves as a Lead Baker following recipes and/or product directions.
- May direct and coordinate activities of bakery personnel.
- Prepares items from scratch such as breads, rolls, muffins, biscuits, pies, cakes, cookies pastries, and other desserts.
- Checks production and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements.
- Measures and mixes baking ingredients using a variety of devices.
- Molds ingredients into loaves/shapes.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment as needed.
- May decorate cakes, cookies, pastries and other desserts.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.