University Nutrition Technician (Diet Technician, Registered) or Registry Eligible. Please supply DTR Credential Number
Oversee menu planning and work with food-service staff to ensure procedures are implemented in
accordance with nutritional guidelines. The Nutrition Technician will also function to safeguard effective
communication with all departments and maintain product/nutrition labeling integrity for assigned
food-service units under the direction of the campus Registered Dietitian.
$200 Sign on bonus after 90 days
Shift: Full time Monday-Friday 8-4:30 pm (schedule may include occasional evening, holiday, weekend
and/or extended hours as business dictates).
Minimum Require Qualifications:
• Ability to use a computer and perform basic math using the numeric keyboard of a standard
• Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language
(bi-lingual Spanish a plus).
• Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances
without negative allergic consequences.
• Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
Essential Job Functions:
The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position:
• Review and update all daily menu changes for the assigned units to ensure nutritional
accuracy, includes both physical unit labels and on-line/menu boards.
• Maintain nutrition labeling integrity on the sales floor by ensuring that all items are properly
signed and correlate to what is being served.
• Maintain the Nutritional Labeling Storage Systems by gathering, sorting and making (as
needed) menu nutrition labels.
• Completes nutritional analysis for required menu items as needed.
• Be knowledgeable about menu recipes and ingredients.
• Promote on-campus Nutrition Services and events to customers.
• Assist the Dietitian in the completion of all applicable department and food-service
personnel nutrition training/education programs.
• Understands and adheres to Sodexo guidelines as relates to Simple Servings and allergy-friendly operations.
• Reports food complaints or food allergy incidents in a timely manner
• Ensures and performs all duties in compliance with Sodexo policies and regulations (safety,
QA, risk management, HACCP, etc.), as well as government nutrition labeling laws.
• Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems
The Dietetic Technician is responsible for day-to-day menu management. They instruct patients, hospital and food service personnel in basic principles of nutrition and modifications of normal diet. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.