Accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, grill, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks meats and vegetables using skill in frying, grilling and sautéing.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks starches, vegetables and other side hot food items.
- Performs food preparation work for cooking, including seasoning.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe.
- Deep fries, grills and sautés meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods. Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing.
- Portions food on serving plates.
- May add gravies, sauces, and garnishes to servings.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Responsible for following food safety and physical safety policies at all times, while utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) when required by management.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.