The Lead - Food may work in any type of food location on client premises. This individual, under the leadership of on-site management and/or supervisors, will coordinate the activities of workers and/or service employees engaged in food operations or services at smaller, less complex facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the supervision of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to supervision duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service and problem resolution.
- Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the foodservice team.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Maintains key control of operations and responsible for activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are completed.
- Serves as working lead coordinating activities of workers or service employees engaged in food operations or services at smaller less complex facilities of commercial, health care facility, school, campus or other establishments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.