The Stationary Engineer is responsible for the operation, maintenance, renovation and repair of boiler systems and all other mechanical systems in a facility. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Operates and maintains stationary engines and equipment such as steam engines, boilers, air compressors, generators, turbines, and refrigeration equipment.
- Records data (temperature, hours of operation, fuel consumption, water levels, etc.), reading dials, gauges, and manuals.
- Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls to start or shut down equipment.
- Conducts safety tests and periodically inspects, repairs, adjusts, and lubricates.
- Performs preventative maintenance of equipment, as required, using hand and power tools.
- Records and reports actions taken and feeds chemicals and caustics into systems and devices.
- Observes the results of water titration tests.
- Follows all Sodexo and regulatory agency policies and may be required to hold a license issued by a state or municipality that restricts the kinds of equipment operated to specified types and sizes.
- May operate a computer, telephone, television and maintenance tools and equipment.
- Document all work in the CMMS system.
- Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.