The Dietetic Clerk organizes the patient/resident's menus to ensure accuracy of diet order, timeliness of meal service and smooth foodservice operations. Responsible for the production of meal tickets, nourishment labels and production tallies for resident/patient menus. Responds to interdepartmental telephone inquiries, maintains all office equipment and supply inventory for nutrition office. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Prepares dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in preparation of foods for hospital patients.
- Examines diet orders and menus received from hospital units and tallies portions and foods of general and soft diets.
- Tallies quantities of specific foods, such as vegetables and meats, to be prepared in kitchen.
- Marks tally on master menu to inform kitchen personnel of food requirements.
- Processes new diets and changes as required.
- Participates in tray line and food temperature monitoring as assigned.
- May calculate diabetic diets, using calculator, and following standards established by Clinical Nutrition Manager or Dietitian.
- Communicates patient needs to appropriate staff while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- May answer telephone and intercom calls and relay information to kitchen concerning meal changes, complaints, or patient discharge.
- May prepare and deliver formula and special nourishments to unit pantries.
- May visit and provide assistance with menu selection to patients.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.