The Carpenter – Senior performs a variety of standard to moderately complex carpentry tasks, including functional leader of an assigned crew, related to the maintenance and upkeep of indoor and outdoor areas. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Performs the carpentry duties necessary to construct and maintain building woodwork such as bins, counters, shelves, benches, stairs, light gauge steel for walls/partitions, doors, and windows.
- Works/Interprets drawings/diagrams or verbal instructions from lead position and uses a variety of carpentry hand and power tools.
- Repairs high grade articles of furniture such as cabinets, chairs, store fixtures, and office equipment.
- Repairs loose or broken joints.
- Performs the carpentry necessary to cut and shape parts of furniture.
- Operates hand saw, drill press, wood lathe, and related woodworking equipment.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Serves as a lead carpenter (scheduling and overseeing) for carpentry trade personnel in constructing, maintaining, altering and repairing building components and structures made of wood and other building materials.
- Determines most efficient work procedures and techniques for assigned staff.
- Assists in training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees.
- Prepares estimates, time and material costs on carpentry projects and requisitions new carpentry materials and equipment.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.